Thursday, February 15, 2007

Should have taken off...

Yeah. What the title says. I should have left the country last week, as most of my plans kinda fell through - and those were the only things holding me back. Let's take a look at what helped make my decision to stay.

The dinner - I could have hosted that on a subsequent weekend.

Multisport - we lost, so it's not like I would have been missed.

Work at Main Drug Mart was optional. I'll work now that I know I'm stuck here at home and I've got nothing better to do.

The networking night fell apart after the snow-fall, but that was planned last-minute too. Fuck, if that night wasn't a total waste of time.

Spinning with Mr. G was good, but again, could have been done on another day.

Tonight's festivities have fallen through, despite long-standing plans.

I could have memo'ed ahead of time and skipped army on Friday, and arrived some time on Saturday.

So what the hell am I doing in Toronto? I could be on a cruise in the Bahamas, boozing and smoking in the Dom. Rep., or even Cuba again. Instead, I'm gonna work at MDM tonight, make some cash, and spend myself back to contentedness. On a good note, I've been working out so much (out of boredom) that I've lost some flab and gained another 2 lbs. Whatever.

So apparently, a lot of flower shops took a beating yesterday because the supply of fresh flowers was unable to move out of distribution centres due to the unavailability of trucks getting held back by the inclement weather.

Bored and Annoyed,

-d

3 comments:

Cammie said...

what, you should've gone on your trip regardless of these things....i think you were using them as an excuse. its chinese new year this weekend, go get yourself some money. i'm missing out on that....boo.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the NetWorking night...I was just too tired.
- Leslie

Dust said...

no, no, i blame the weather for that.

and cam, that's my point... they're all bad excuses.

-d