Wednesday, November 06, 2013

H.H. Brown Dress Boots

I did a little internet research and discovered that Matterhorn is in fact owned by H. H. Brown, who also make army boots.  In fact, my issued dress boots and ‘77 Matterhorn work boots were made at the same facility in Sherbrook (Quebec), 22 years apart. 

As it turns out, both my dad and I made the same sizing mistake 22 years apart.  We both ordered boots that were tagged for our shoe size, not realizing that H. H. Brown’s sizing doesn’t conform to any kind of industry standard.  He’s normally a size 7 shoe, and I’m an 8.5, but in H. H. Brown sizing, I’m actually a 7.  This means that by good fortune, my dad’s sizing mistake ended up in my favour.

As for my parade boots, I exchanged them for size 7.5 which fit perfectly if I have to wear thick wool socks for a winter parade. 

This week, I’m wearing my dress boots and polishing daily to rebuild a fresh foundation of wax so that I can get a great spit-shine on for Sunday’s Remembrance Day Parade.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is splendid work. The idea is fresh and innovative. It has helped me understand things from a fresh outlook. I shall surely recommend it to my friends on various online platforms.

If you have been looking around for the Best gym in Raja Park, Jaipur, but get skeptic after reading their reviews, I would suggest Fit O’ Clock. Apart from being heavily loaded with modern equipments, you get professional trainers that help you get in shape in no time. You can even choose from various training options like strength training, aerobics, yoga and zumba sessions.

nancy mohamed said...


ارقام شركات تنظيف بالخبر