Thursday, October 27, 2005

Why do you instigate conflict?

"You need to get laid."
"I think you do it cuz you take pleasure in getting a rise out of people. You also know you are good at debating, and you are looking for a match, but mostly i think you like seeing how people break down under the small pressure you put on them and seeing if they can handle it . . . its a psychological game."
"And you need to get laid."
- Mike

"I think it's your cry for help, love, and attention that you didn't get as a child, which is manifested now. Honestly, I think you do it for stimulation, just to see how others respond. Y'know how little kids prod at frogs just to see them jump? you probably never grew out of that phase. So, in a way, it's a sign of immaturity and having not grown out of your life stage. I think it's a power thing too."
- Jane

"I dunno. Maybe because you're naturally more agressive and seek to find out people's opinions by challenging them. Instead of asking a question, you'll try to insult what you think their beliefs are in order to draw out a more emotional/accurate response."
- Evan

Those were some of the more thoughtful responses I got. Anyway, those responses are pretty much on the dot I guess.

7 comments:

Cammie said...

hahaha! those are hilarious...mostly because they're so true...

However, the question should be rephrased to not what makes you want to insult people, but why you do it when, in general and correct me if I'm wrong, people don't like to be insulted.

Dust said...

yes. i think thats what my respondants had in mind anyway, when they answered the question. I insult mike, jane, and evan all the time...

Anonymous said...

It's so true. You've emotional scarred me over the years with your harsh and cruel words.

::cries::

Anonymous said...

it's just made me want you. come to me during the night and take me!!!

Anonymous said...

it's just made me want you. come to me during the night and take me!!!

Anonymous said...

haha . . . you only have three friends . . .

Dust said...

at least i'm not so stupid as to double post anonymously and then post again 4 minutes later...