Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yikes!

I'm off to Japan and HK again for some R&R. This time, I'm going with friends instead of family. I a little pissed about our travel arrangements... suckered into paying more for crappier flights because I couldn't get my way in that aspect of the trip.

I was all for self-plan, but some of the others who haven't been there were apprehensive about an itinerary not built by a travel agent. Oh well, I guess that's the price of travelling with others - you have to compromise a bit. I figure we overpaid by approx $500 CDN - maybe more.

Anyway, I'm leaving tomorrow (Wednesday March 18th) and I'll be back by April Fool's day.

I find that I'm starting to use the word "yikes" a lot. It's taken the place of the "oh my god" exclamation, as well as the "daaaamn" expression.

So, let's say you watch someone get hit by a car, "yiiiikes..."

The TTC's three-tone chime sounds and the double doors slide shut on your bag - "yikes!"

Not sure where I got it from.

Alright kids, I'll see you in two weeks.

7 comments:

Ivan said...

are you SURE you don't owe me a pair of shoes yet?

Simon said...

In China you can get a pair for like, a dollar.

Steph said...

wow shoes cost as much as women over there? perhaps for a toonie tuesday you can get both? Oh wait you arent going to thailand huh? Japan is more expensive i hear...

Cammie said...

cool! updates!

seriously dude, i cannot remember the last time i saw you. also, you are like the only person now with potentially fun gossipy things to talk about. you should have a big gathering for your birthday. old friends vs. new friends hahaha

Dust said...

Hey guys, trip was amazing.

I was hoping Ivan would have forgetten the business with the shoes by now.

In HK, the prostitutes are Korean and Filipino.

-d

Cammie said...

dude, you DO owe shoes!

Dust said...

fortunately, there's no interest on deferred payments.

-d