Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Canine hammer

Right, so while lying in bed, listening to the Doc and Woody show on CHEZ 106.1, like I do every morning at 6:30 am, I hear this funny little news tidbit about all sorts of little old ladies getting riled up over the new '07 Ikea Catalogue. Apparently, on the inside foldout of the cover, there's a picture of a family louging on a couch. The family dog appears to have his big erect hammer poking out.

Fortunately for me, I had just received the new '07 catalogue the previous day. True enough, it's there, and it's big.

It seems like more than just a few people took offense to exposed doggy dong, and demanded that Ikea recall the catalogue. I guess a recall would be reasonable if the '07 catalogue were a drug, and if people used it, they might choke on a large-ish piece of dogmeat. Besides, it's really just the dog's leg caught at a weird angle in weird lighting.

People need to chill out.

Oh, and if you haven't picked up the new '07 Ikea catalogue, I suggest you do it soon. I heard that they've been in high demand since the story broke, and I doubt future reprints will have the same ad on the inside flap of the cover.

-d

4 comments:

Simon said...

i'm no vet, but i'm pretty sure that's not "doggy dong".

it looks more like his leg, as you mentioned.

Anonymous said...

hahaha....wow, i can't believe some ppl are actually requesting a recall.

i'm pretty sure that's just where the dog's legs bend.

~w

Anonymous said...

damn, you got me all excited for a moment, i was about to run out and get a dog . . .

so weather in germany is ass . . . averaging about 17 degrees with lots nice rain and col breezes. luckily there's beer to keep me warm.

i'll be back after the 8th. you should come down that weekend, if you can. gwn race with the "university elite" crew. should be interesting to watch. also, we can figure out when to have this party up in ottawa.

take it easy

Steph said...

aww now i wanna see this ikea catalogue.