Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hot and Bothered

Last week, the air conditioning and ventilation units in our building at work failed. They sent us home at about noon - the air quality was below the standard specified in our workplace health and safety policy.

Anyway, they set up these massive portable air con units, which are about 3ft by 3ft, and about 4 ft high, on each floor and giant airplane engine-looking fans. The diameter of these fans are about 4 ft, and I swear it when I say that these fans put out about 100 dB of noise. It's necessary though, to create wind tunnels to move the air around the floor and through the building via the staircases.

Despite the industrial sized cooling units, we got sent home yesterday at about 1pm, due to poor air quality, and just today, we got the message again about 15 min ago.

Incidentally, air quality is the measured temperature, relative humidity, carbon dioxide, and carbon monoxide levels, against the standards set by workplace health and safety people.

I'd like to go home too, but my sense of duty compels me to stay and do work. Heh. So gullible. I'm only here to brag about going home and getting paid for it.

-d

No comments: