Thursday, December 28, 2006

iCrazy

Why, oh why is the iPod Nano so aesthetically pleasing?

I've secretly wanted one for so long, but I just can't rationalize buying one. It's just a piece of shiny that looks so pretty that I want to have one.

"You should just get it... isn't it good? And it's so small. People say it's fragile, but that's because people are so stupid. They don't know how to take care of it. They drop it everywhere."
- my sister.

If I get one, then I'll have to get myself a fabrix case.

It doesn't end there. I'll have to buy a radio transmitter too, so I can use it in my car. And, of course, I can't be satisfied with stock accessories. I'll have to get new headphones... it never ends.

Am I ready for this? Nah. Let's focus on my camera and computer for now. I'll just borrow my sis' iPod. Next up for the camera: external flash, bigger CF card, battery grip, second battery. Next up for the comp: quad cpu and gpu, and I suppose I'll be making the transition to HD-DVD / Blu-ray. Of course, I'll have to get a bigger, faster hard drive, and I'm considering getting a new sound card too. We'll see.



So my sister's flexing her new Lulu gym bag.

J: "Should I wear it using the handles or the shoulder strap?"
D: "Shoulder strap."
J: "Why?"
D: "Because it looks more functional. If you sling it by the handles, you look like one of those prissy little bitches."
J: "So I should use the handles, because I WANT to look like a prissy little bitch."
D: "Yeah, I guess so, then."
J: "Don't I look like one of those rich bitches at Bayview Village? Like one of those Jewish girls? I gotta show this off."

Yeah. Lulu makes some HOT gym stuff. Never really took notice until I noticed someone wearing the pants... oh lordy.

-d

7 comments:

Simon said...

"Yeah. Lulu makes some HOT gym stuff. Never really took notice until I noticed someone wearing the pants... oh lordy."

i assume that someone is not your sister.

Jen said...

Ipod nanos don't have enough space for me...I need around 10GB at least. OH, and I heard those radio transmitters aren't so good, especially for roadtrips, cuz you're dependent on how good your signal is in that area. You might lose quality of signal once you're outside the city or like in the wilderness somewhere. I use the cassette adapter and it works fairly well.

Dust said...

i'm not sure that's how it works... the signal strength isn't affected by your surroundings. the fm transmitter transmits at an unused frequency at the same signal strength in the city our outside the city. the car radio receives the same signal. i dunno... maybe. i'll give it a try in the wilderness and see what happens.

-d

Cammie said...

I like lulu gym bags cause they're pretty, but its not like...functional. first of all, they're so heavy, second, they're hard to fit into any gym locker cause they're so square.

Dust said...

i dunno. my sister manages okay. maybe the look-good factor outweighs the locker-function factor.

well, i ask my sister and it fits into the locker just fine - she didn't experience any problems.

Anonymous said...

you should get the ipod nano. and then you should split a pack of apple ipod socks with me. they are the perfect wrapping for ipods.

Anonymous said...

my roommate wears a pair of the mens pants. *shudders*