Saturday, April 11, 2009

Morning Kisses

Just came home from watching "I Love You, Man." It was a pretty entertaining movie. Anyway, that's not the point of this post. You sit through an evening show, maybe 1.5 to 2 hours long, not talking, not doing much of anything. It's been approximately 12 hours or more since you last brushed your teeth, and between then and now, there's been 3 meals and maybe a snack. The cumulative effect - bad breath. Good thing you can always pop that piece of gum into your mouth to cover it up.

I've always wondered how they did it back in the day with no dental care - no dental hygeine whatsoever. Every time I watch one of those era Hollywood flicks - say set in the medieval times or maybe a western, a couple of characters kiss and I can't help but think about how much they must stink and how bad their breath must be. I think about that every single time I see it. Every. Single. Time.

I guess they just got used to it, or maybe never knew anything better.

Anyway, I'm going to get my boots resoled tomorrow (hopefully). It's only been 2 years, and I haven't worn through the sole completely, but a chunk of the sole at the toe fell off. I have a habit of tapping the toe against the ground when I'm impatient or nervous, and all that tapping has taken a toll. I also need to find some red-brown shoe polish to match my Red Wing Boots. I completely didn't think about maintenance when I bought them. No Matter, I still like them a lot, and I've received a lot of compliments about them.

-d

No comments: