Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quick update

Bought some dining room chairs on Craigslist - 6 for $120. They're hard-wood antiques, in pretty bad shape. The construction is solid - no nails - all dovetails, pegs and glue. The glue has pretty much broken down over time and everything is just barely holding together. At some point, I'll have to refinish/restore them, but that's some time in the future. Maybe I'll restore them one at a time at my parents' place.

Made my own lip balm.
2 parts beeswax
1 part petroleum jelly
1 part olive oil

It's not soft enough. I'll have to tweak the formula (- wax + oil). I'm not sure what function the petroleum jelly serves. I'll try 1:1 wax & oil next time.

-d

2 comments:

Steph said...

I just buy vasaline. i use it every night on my lips before i sleep and you can get a giant tub for cheap although i prefer the little tubs cuz they last me forever, I've had the same mini tub i'm using for the past 5 years and its only half done. Its a little greasy when you first apply it but it absorbs while you sleep and it keeps my lips moist throughout the day so i dont need to reapply until after i brush before i sleep. But i have some $1 chapsticks in my bag just incase.

Dust said...

yeah. vasaline is great for... other things too.

-d