Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Last night for dinner, I had...

... Asparagus, lightly sauteed with green onions, served in a lobster bisque sauce, with a side of freshly baked corn bread. For my meat serving, I had spam, fried, and for dessert, I had a portugese-style tart. Had I gone to the grocery store, I might have had steak instead of spam. oh well, maybe next time.

I've bought a corner table and a coffee table. Now, I actually have an eating surface. Before, I was sitting on my concrete balcony floor, eating off a folding chair. Nice, huh?

Coming home this weekend. What's the plan? I'll bring home my movie passes, and I'll take someone out to see MI3.

I've been in a news-blackout since May 1st. If something happened in the last 3 weeks, I don't know about it.

Thanks for the pen guys and girl. Hopefully, someone sees it and tries to mug me on the street, so that I can take it and stab them in the neck with a one-liner like, "You want it? Here, TAKE it... Bwahaha. The pen IS mightier."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoy your updates on your eating endeavours in ottawa. how did you make your lobster bisque sauce?? was it canned?

i'll be around this weekend with nothing to do but study, so if you're bored, give me a call and we'll do something. my suggestion? nando's chicken!

Anonymous said...

um that last message was me, ivan.

Anonymous said...

that meal certainly does sound appetizing .. cept for spam.. i'm not much of a spam person .. but on a whole, i think it sounds tastier than my experience with ethiopian food this evening.

p.s. i hope u know who i am.

Dust said...

yeah, the bisque was canned. y'think i really know how to make bisque with my limited resources (ingredients) in ottawa?

anyway, you should be getting a call from wendy soon. i think something's going on saturday night. nando's takeout and bbt takeout to wendy's for a movie or something like that.

well, when you're too lazy to go out and buy more meat... you end up eating spam. nowadays, i go out and buy steak... and pan-fry it. it's not the same as grilling, but it's still damn good.

-d

P.S. I know. L.

Anonymous said...

mememe!! wooo your site is getting popular now ain't it?

hee* ;)

Dust said...

yeah, i'll call you when I get into town, and we can go hit the theatre some time on saturday.

Anonymous said...

you don't know what's going on in the news? can't you spare 50 cents a day to buy a paper? or maybe take one from the lunchroom at work?

~wend

Dust said...

news is like school.

you start skipping classes, and soon enough, you're sooooo far behind, that it's not worth going back to.

jeff. study the newspapers. you'll have to update me when i get back. study the toronto star. heh, because i wanna know useless local news as opposed to the political situation of canada.

Anonymous said...

where can we get one of those penis mightiers?

sorry, somebody had to say it.