Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Working the lightning rod

Last night for dinner, I had home-made beef stew, with leeks, carrots, celery, onions, and mushrooms, poured over garlic mashed potatoes.

So... there's a severe thunderstorm warning with tornado watch in Ottawa. I figured it's a good time for me to bring the umbrella to work. Anyway, I decided to test out the umbrella before leaving the house, so I remove the strap and push up on that sliding thingie, and the umbrella opens, but unfortunately, I can't get it to lock in the open position. I'm staring at the little pole thingie that the ring thingie slides on, and I can't see that little metal thingie that holds the whole thing open. What the hell, right? So, then I realize that the umbrella is really short, and I mean like the pole is a foot long. I'm cursing and swearing, and then I see... the button. Yeah. I totally didn't realize that you gotta push the button to deploy the umbrella. Thats how long it's been since I've used an umbrella. I know, I know... why haven't I used an umbrella all this time? Because I'm not a pussy. Yeah, you heard me, you wuss. I'm allowed to use an umbrella today because there's a severe thunderstorm warning with a tornado watch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're so cool, you know that?

Dust said...

it's 32 degrees out here in ottawa.

i'm hot. no, i'm hot and bothered. hahaha

-d