Friday, July 14, 2006

Offices spaces

THe hate is building again. This last week hasn't been too bad, because one of the girls who sits next to me took a day off to do some ethics course. She's actually my classmate, and I have to deal with her next term. With her gone, the office space seemed so much better. I know now that she's the petty little bitch who's been plotting against me. Really, she hasn't pulled anything off intelligent so far, and all of her actions against me (perceived or real) have been overt and petty thus far. She's 26, and still acts like a high school kid.

Yesterday, I received a puro-letter from an applicant, and I went to work, separating the waybill from the envelope. It's in our SOP and we were trained to do it. She watches me do it, waits for me to finish doing it, and then with a smug look, tells me that the waybill is no longer a requirement in the file. I activate my primary defense mechanism, and just shrug my shoulders and say, "until I've heard otherwise..." She laughs at me and says, "ha, ha, you just wasted your time." Yeah. I got it already. She sits on my right, and I was so tempted to just backhand her in the mouth.

Just today, she wrote a note to the other girl and then tore it up into little pieces to throw away in my garbage can. I mean, what IS that? It's only the three of us in our cubicle, so if it couldn't be communicated in a whisper, it was clearly not meant for me to know. Making a big act of ripping it up and throwing it away was clearly meant for me to see. If it were me, and I needed to communicate without letting a third party know, I would have used the internal email system. She hasn't thought of that, and thank GOD. So long as she doesn't figure out to send through email, I can at least be forewarned that something is amiss.

That brings us to why I need to be forewarned. She doesn't pass along information (as described above) that I might need to know to do my job, until the very last minute. Luckily, a lot of that information I can survive without. I only wonder what will happen that one time where I miss out on the info that I absolutely DO need.

I'm out of my element right now, I've got no moral support in my immediate environment. I'll wait until we're back in Toronto, and then I can humiliate her properly.

-d

12 comments:

Simon said...

steal her virginity.

Anonymous said...

i think she likes you

Jen said...

I agree with anonymous.

Anonymous said...

this isn't the first time that simon has suggested to steal her virginity...what's up with that?

maybe he's in on the shoe deal.

-w

Cammie said...

Dude, like I said, you should pretend to hit on her so she gets all confused. either she'll start liking you back (good, you win) or she doesn't but now feels guilty about being mean to you (good, you win).

either way, you don't lose. plus, you get to practice the art of seduction, non-committal seduction. haha...

Simon said...

if he succesfully seduces her, and he's not interested, how does he win? hahahaha

that's a big chalk point in the loss column in my book.

the only thing that could make an angry chick angrier is if you play her. as if she isn't making life hard on him enough now.....

Anonymous said...

too bad you sit in close proximity. the great thing about many office chairs is that the top can be separated from the bottom. that tube is hollow and fish heads are generally very cheap from local grocers. a few weeks later its fun to watch people try and figure out where the stench is eminating from.

Dust said...

yo, one of her outbound faxes cut out, and she thinks i'm magically responsible.

i'm kinda worried that she's interpreted her fax mishap as 'breaking the ice' in terms of work sabotage...

then again, maybe her calling the girl next to her and having a secret phone conversation isn't just me being paranoid.

-d

Cammie said...

no, he seduces her so she wants him but he wants nothing to do with it......teeeease...

haha, when we come visit we should meet up with her and like totally talk you up. and by we i mean me and whoever else female...not so much brian...haha...no offense bri.

Dust said...

ah, the old jealousy trick

wouldn't work, because access is very restricted because we have so much proprietary information lying around.

besides, on a weekend, i'd have to invite her out. i can't stand her as it is...

Anonymous said...

Yes, Cam's suggestion totally works! Especially if she gets hung up on you; you can have this whole internal debate as to whether or not hooking-up is a good idea since you're co-workers. Girls usually like guys who have "depth" and that should bid you enough time until you get back to T.O.!

Cam, we're brilliant! =P

Cammie said...

yup! psshh...and they say women are manipulative......hahaha...