Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Smug little victory.

Y'know that feeling you get when you win by taking the high road? That smug rightous feeling of making someone feel guilty for being underhanded? Thats me. Right now.

So a new opportunity came up at the meeting today to expand our roles and responsabilities. "Come see me if you're interested," the boss said to us. So, the girls decide to cut me out and go to the boss without me, to go grab such an opportunity. So sorry, the boss is in another meeting, check after lunch.

The only problem with this little scheme is that I'm always aware and suspicious of my peers, simply because they do stupid things like this. I know what's going on because I'm in the next aisle of cubicles evesdropping, and chatting with the boss's right-hand. No particular reason to talk to the second in command, just needed to listen in and know what was going on with my girls.

So, I have lunch with the girls, and when we head back to our building, I head straight for the boss, and tell her that everyone's interested in this new opportunity, and propose that all the co-ops get trained simply to make our experience here more diverse. Boss agrees, "consider it done."

Anyway, I go up and ask the girls if they're interested in this new opportunity. "Maybe..." "I don't know yet..." "I have too much work already..." So I say, "Oh damn, I lied to the boss. I told her that you guys were all interested... I guess I should go down and set her straight." Haha. I have never seen someone change their minds so fast. +1 for me bitchas!

3 comments:

Ivan said...

you are one hateful man....

i love it!

Anonymous said...

This is absurd. Why don't you, the male and presumably stronger than your female peers, not simply kill and then eat the others?

Dust said...

That only works when I'm already in the KBBQ restaurant. The shared microwave here is dirty, I woudldn't eat off that thing, no way.