Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Definition of suck.

If you wiki "suck" you'll see a youtube video of last night's Leafs game. Not really, actually.

I got tickets from a co-worker who couldn't make it, so KT & I hit the ACC for her first live Leafs game ever.

Now, I don't know much about hockey, but I do know suck when I see it... and hear it. Half way into the second period, the stands were about 25% empty and a big chunk of the 300's started cheering "Lets go Blue Jays, Lets go - ! - !" and as if that weren't bad enough, cheers (jeers?) for TFC, the Raptors, and the Argos followed throughout the rest of the night. In fact, the last minute of the game was one continuous resonating "boo."

The loudest cheers were reserved for Darcy during the first period, after a short video of his 'greatest hits' played on the big screens. The camera focused in on him, and the crowd exploded in the longest round of applause of the night, while he meekly waved from the bench.

You know your team is in sad standing with the fans when the loudest cheers of the night were reserved for a player on the other team.

-d

1 comment:

Steph said...

yea i love darcy tucker. he's cute and he signed my baseball cap. real nice guy. The only other sports star to ever sign my other cap was pinball clemens and he's awesome too. :D

PS yea leafs suck.