Monday, June 01, 2009

INCPLA disowned

My blog has been banned by China. "so turns out china has now banned your blog too. i used to read it from my home, but now it's gonzo." I find that equal parts funny and disturbing.

Did some Chinese government worker read my blog and determine that it was unsuitable for the Chinese population? On what basis, I wonder? I don't think my blog is particularly critical of the Chinese government.

Let's hope that China doesn't become the next world superpower.

Anyway, starting to pave the gazebo site now. Will probably use the same interlock as the patio, because we have a surplus of it and because it's cheap.

I originally wanted to use stone slabs - natural limestone as can be found in the riverbeds that cross the bruce trail. Expensive stuff, unless you pull it out of the ravine yourself. I envisioned slabs of limestone with a mixture of sand and clay to fill the gaps - substrate ideal for moss. Still haven't decided on furniture. Go with patio set - round table & 4 chairs, or benches and side tables?

As for secondary projects, the trees we planted seem to be doing well. We'll have a few cherries this summer, and hopefully more next year. Need to start thinking about how to construct the swing. Probably will use bench seat and back (no legs) suspended on rope.

-d

5 comments:

Steph said...

I love gazebos. When i buy my house the backyard must have a large deck and a giant gazebo. I guess patio areas are also acceptable but i love decks more

Simon said...

I thought all blogspot was banned in China?

When I went in '04 I couldn't access blogger or anybodies blogs.

As for the gazebo, forget the patio furniture; swinging bench my friend. Swinging bench.

Cylie Artisans Chocolatiers said...

Fortunately I can still read it while at work...thank you HK servers! It's blogspot in general that's banned. Funny enough, I was able to read it as of 2 weeks ago.

Dust said...

News just caught up with us. Toronto Star had an article today about China's measures to control communication as we approach June 4th, the anniversary of Tiannamen Sq.

Blogspot, Hotmail, Twitter, Flicker all blocked.

-d

Dust said...

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/644591